(Arthritis Society (The) - Ontario Division)
|Contact||Christine Bilsky, Education Coordinator, The Arthritis Society; Phone: (Business) 416-979-7228 ext 3535; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||Volunteer Transporter Job Description (Minimum Age of 19) |
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Arthritis Society is recruiting for dedicated, caring and enthusiastic TRANSPORTERS to volunteer at Camp Cambria, a camp for children living with arthritis, from August 19, 2018 to August 25, 2018 inclusive (pre-training required).
Location: Camp Kodiak (Host Camp) Located North of Perry Sound in McKellar, ON
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: ▪ Supporting the Camp Director and Program Staff by transporting staff and/or campers by means of golf cart, as required, to daily activities.
▪ Transport campers and/or staff to medical facilities when additional care is required.
▪ Responsible for monitoring and distributing hot and cold packs throughout the day, as necessary. ▪ Act as a positive role model to staff and campers. ▪ Under the guidance of the Camp Director and Program Staff, Transporters may be asked to perform various supportive duties, including delivering refreshments to campers and assisting with luggage drop off. ▪ Ensure a high standard of health and safety of campers in all activities at camp, including the proper use of golf carts at all times.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
▪ Comprehensive understanding of the implications of living with arthritis, gained by living with arthritis and/or working/volunteering with people living with arthritis and / or chronic pain.
▪ Valid CPR/First aid training certification.
▪ All drivers must hold at minimum a G1 driver’s license and have experience driving.
▪ Satisfactory completion of Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Verification
▪ Previous experience working with children in a camp and/or education setting
▪ Excellent leadership skills, teamwork and communication skills.
|More Info Link||campcambria.campbrainstaff.com|
|Benefits||VOLUNTEER BENEFITS: |
▪ Give back to the community and influence those living with arthritis.
▪ Use specialized skills and talents while contributing to The Society’s mission.
▪ Enhance and learn new skills.
▪ Build connections and be part of a community.
|Clients||140 campers between 7-17 living with childhood arthritis.|
|Ages||19 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Areas of Interest||Child Care ; Special Needs / Differently Abled ; Youth & Activity Camp Support|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; First Aid ; Leadership ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Public Speaking ; Team Work ; Working with Children|
|Commitment Length||One Time / Special Event - August 19th-August 25th, 2018|
|Interaction Level||Large Group|
|Location||Camp Kodiak (located in McKellar, ON)|
|Number of Positions||Mckellar |
14 individual(s) needed in total.
Volunteers are welcome from any location, the activities take place in McKellar.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided ; Training on the job|
|Transportation||Driver License required - G1 License|
|Application Deadline||01 May 2018|
|Cost||Free accommodations, food and travel.|
|Start Date||On or after 19 Aug 2018|
|End Date||25 Aug 2018|
|Organization Name||Arthritis Society (The) - Ontario Division|