How to Use the Volunteer Database
Finding a Volunteer Opportunity
Our online database provides several ways for you to find volunteer opportunities in your community:
- Search for opportunities that suit your location, skills and schedule
- Browse volunteer opportunities for a specific organization
- Search different categories of volunteer opportunities
- Find new opportunities
If you can’t find what you are looking for, or would like more information about volunteering and volunteerism, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 705-444-0040 Ext. 227 to speak with Megan.
Where do Opportunities Come From?
We depend on organizations to keep their information up-to-date; to report new opportunities, let us know when positions are expired or filled and to give an accurate and complete description of the opportunity. If you feel that any information is in error or incomplete, please report it to us by using the “Suggest an Update” link.
Some positions are seasonal. Generally, seasonal positions are only available for searching during periods of active recruitment.
Optional: Create a Volunteer Profile
Creating a Volunteer Profile will allow you to:
- Save time applying for positions, by not having to enter in personal details with every application or enter in extra security checks
- Save your search criteria for faster, simpler searches
- Choose the option to be notified when there are new or updated positions matching your search criteria. Important: Only YOU can access your profile information.
Help and Information
In-Person Consultation – arrange a visit with our Volunteer Coordinator who will meet with you to discuss your interests and expertise in order to suggest volunteer roles that would be best suited for your requirements.
Looking for more information about volunteering? Please email us at email@example.com or dial 2-1-1 to speak with one of our information specialists.