You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Compass Community Services
There are 1 record(s) that match your criteria.
This is a remote volunteer position supporting the Guelph-Wellington Community. All shifts and training are completed remotely, therefore, residence in Guelph-Wellington is not a requirement for this position.
Compass is recruiting skilled and compassionate volunteers to join our Telephone Support Team (TSP). Volunteers involved in the TSP will assume the responsibility of providing outbound calls to clients, with the goal of providing emotional support to members of the Guelph-Wellington Community. TSP Volunteers will start in the program by completing social calls, safety/wellness checks, and/or providing medication reminders to isolated and distressed individuals before having the option to gain additional training and supporting our Distress Lines.
Callers on the Distress Line may be in a state of crisis, experiencing suicidal ideation, or have intentions of harming themselves or another individual. They may also be seeking external resources and referrals to agencies or are looking for a safe space to disclose personal struggles. Volunteers will use their discretion to identify how each client should be supported and will have access to staff supervision should any questions or concerns arise.
The Telephone Support team strives to meet the diverse needs of each client allowing opportunities to engage in conversations surrounding daily plans, storytelling, and exploring action plans to prepare for crisis intervention. Each call is made using a strengths-based and solution-focused approach with the common objective of assisting with goal planning, increasing the client’s ability to cope with unique situations, and referrals to community resources.
• Complete inbound and outbound calls with service users
• Complete safety/wellness checks, provide medication reminders, and engage in social conversations with a diverse group of people
• Assist with crisis intervention, when presented
• Engage in conversations with members of the LGBTQ+ community through the texting support line
• Utilize a strengths-based, solution-focused approach
• Provide external resources and referrals to service users
• Complete case documentation of all interactions with service users